Come join me in my quest to live a happier more frugal way of life, while enjoying the more traditional family values.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Still Squeezing The Budget

   

 My Lemonade Scones


I am still trying to squeeze as much as I can out of my pantry and freezer to get me through until next grocery shop which is not until Friday.
So today I tried something which I have never made sucessfully before. Scones !!! so basic that those of you who can do this with your eyes shut, must be laughing at me. But honestly I am tickled pink at my homemade scones.
I used the easiest recipe I could find

3 cups Self Raising flour
1 cup cream
1 cup lemonade

Stir until just combined put on a surface with flour, and the rest is history Oh nearly forgot 15/20 mins at 190c, we ate these with cream and a lovely raspberry and coconut jam. I got 15 scones out of these ingredients.. (One of the hazards of renting a home pink worktops yukkkk)


I am going to have to find the time today to sit down and finish the book I have borrowed from the Library, it is due back and I am only 2/3 of the way through it, so with Winter just round the corner and the rain pouring down, I think today will be all about hot scones a good book and plenty of rest and relaxation.

Have an awesome weekend xxx

3 comments:

  1. Good for you on the scone baking. They do look quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take that as an enormous compliment as I consider you to be a Goddess in the kitchen.
    They actually tasted better than they looked as I lack things like scone cutters and a decent baking tray to put them on..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting recipe - I love recipes with only 3 or 4 ingredients. I make scones frequently, but usually with oats! I'll give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete

All spam will be deleted