Come join me in my quest to live a happier more frugal way of life, while enjoying the more traditional family values.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Not tracking my Expenses properly

Just lately I have been doing a really poor job of tracking my finances, after the success of my No Spend August and knowing that I had no intentions of overspending on the lead up to The Wedding I stopped making myself accountable for every cent I was spending. This is the start of the slippery slope and as from today I,ve pulled it all back together again as I realised this morning that I was,nt exactly sure how much was in my bank or if a couple of payments which were due had come out of my account.
I was,nt comfortable at all about not having full control of my money again and so this morning I sat down and spent a couple of hours catching up, and I,m pleased to report that everything is doing fine on the financial front. But I,m not going to do that again I felt a little out of control and I panicked.
My net worth has increased by almost $3,000 courtesy of my Superannuation fund, but I won,t update my sidebar until I get the official account details which will be posted out to me later this month. As well as that my debts have come down be it slowly, So I,m in a good place as I have no bills outstanding and when they do come in the money has been set aside to cover them.

I started counting calories today as I want to lose a few pounds before I try on my dress again, I love the dress but my figure is far from attractive in it, fortunately the cut of the dress means if I lose some weight it will still fit me, thank goodness. So between counting money and calories I,m beginning to feel like a walking calculator.

This is something that has been troubling me all day and so I felt I had to put it out there and see what comes back. I had until last time I checked 10 followers and today when I looked at my profile I only now have 9. So now I am left wondering if I have upset, bored or ignored someone enough to stop them following my blog. I know I am probably over thinking the whole thing as we all come and go for what ever reasons. But if by any chance I,ve upset someone then my apologies.

3 comments:

  1. Maureen,
    My follower numbers go up and down all the time. I think when you did a no spend month people are interested in knowing how you are doing it. The economy and finances are interesting to many more people these days....but don't worry, I'm following you...:)!

    I agree, when you stop following the money, it's a slippery slope. I'm going to start something October 4th that will be quite the challenge...and it's a bit more than a month of spend less...(hint). I'll post about it soon...
    I've just been spending way too much money, and when it comes down to it, it's all about being conscious while doing it.

    Oh, and I gained 10 lbs back that I lost last year, bummer because I only have 13 days before the wedding...guess I'll have to start the weight loss program after. I'm sure you look great in the dress! And, it really doesn't matter, it's how you feel that makes you beautiful...at least that's what I keep being told....:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog and even ready back to catch up from the beginning. I had you on google reader as a subscription and it didn't SHOW that I was following, but I was. I went ahead and did it so you can see me. I never really thought that it mattered to the blogger whether I was following or not. Guess I was wrong....btw I love your posts. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon I can,t wait to hear what your planning in October, I have a few plans myself that I,m putting in motion for then so October should be an interesting month.

    Reeree thanks for popping in and introducing yourself, glad you are enjoying my path to retirement. I was only concerned about this particular follower, because I was also enjoying her blog and still do. See you around

    ReplyDelete

All spam will be deleted