Come join me in my quest to live a happier more frugal way of life, while enjoying the more traditional family values.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Weekend In The Garden

This is a picture of my herb bed, it is in shade at the moment but it is in full sun for a large part of the day.
I am pleased to say everything is coming along beautifully, the post you see in the middle of the bed is my clothes line post, so I can admire my plants while hanging out the washing. I noticed my tomato plant has got some flowers on it, can't wait until I am eating my own sweet fruits. The rest of my plants and veg are around the back other side of my yard. Oh and by the way the string and sticks you can see were put there to keep my cat out of the soil, if you get my drift.
This shot is just me showing off my beautiful Hibiscus plant, the bush has about 2 dozen of the largest most beautiful flower heads on it.
Another weekend with The Foxx and I full of the cold and so we are staying home and trying to avoid passing it around the family. So no Grandchildrens cuddles this weekend.
Have a great weekend everyone..

10 comments:

  1. I'm staying inside with the nasty cold too :( I hate getting sick in summer. Your garden looks nice. We got a few flowers on our tomatoes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like a clucky mother hen nurturing my plants and showing off my flowers.....

      Delete
  2. Your plants look wonderful. We have a small garden bed with cucumber plants. As well as potted tomato, watermelon and broccoli plants. They are managing to stay alive but this Texas heat is brutal! Love the criss cross string idea as I have neighbor cats that keep getting into our garden. Will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crossed strings have worked really well especially while the plants were establishing themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so beautiful!! :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carla, hoping they taste as good as they look....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great - I thought the strings were some new kind of square foot gardening plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol at your comment it's such a small area my cat thinks it's just a perfect litter tray size...

      Delete
  7. It looks so pretty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am a newbie to gardening, so I will take the compliment

      Delete

All spam will be deleted