Come join me in my quest to live a happier more frugal way of life, while enjoying the more traditional family values.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Fiscal Fast Fiasco


Hello New Friends

Since coming back to regular blogging after my Restaurant fiasco I have some new followers, so I want to take the opportunity of saying a huge Hello and welcome. I have also been able to add some new blogging sites to my favourites. Which means new things to learn, new successes to applaud and lots of new motivation.

My Fiscal Fast ended a lot sooner than expected when The Foxx took me to a new Hardware Store which has opened up near us, there were a few piddly little things I needed like a lightbulb for my Cooker Hood, some Fertiliser for my garden some new fiddly little things for restringing my clothesline in the garden and a new garden hose complete with all fittings and a spray nozzle. This was all we needed but then I added a couple of wants.
This is exactly what I wanted to put on my wall in our Patio area as it is all undercover we use this space pretty much like another room. It is 74cm ( 28inch) and is very rustic looking I love it.
Then I  just had to have this Lanten which is now sitting in the middle of my outdoor table it is pretty solid and now holds a huge candle I had lying round the house. Again I have been wanting something large enough to look showy in the middle of our table and this is now doing the job wonderfully and the candle is casting a lovely warm glow.

This is a breakdown of our spending spree.

Clock .............$29
Lantern...........$19
Lightglobes....$ 3.62 ( for a pack of 2 )
Fertiliser.........$ 2.49
Garden hose...$ 5.90
Clothesline.....$5.94

Total $65.95

Going out with The Foxx ended up blowing the budget and the fiscal fast but I really think for the money we got some pretty good buys. And we also snuck in a visit to our Grandchildren and went to church. Back to the drawingboard next week.

11 comments:

  1. These are some great finds though! That's why I stay away from hardware stores, thrift stores and yard sales right now. I will always find something :) I already have a couple of things I "need" to buy after this fiscal fast is over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt as if I had let you down not completing this fiscal fast. But I promise next week will be better...

      Delete
  2. I adore that lantern. And that is really a great price, even if it broke your fiscal fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been looking for a lantern just like this for a while, so yes it broke my fast but I can't help looking out the patio door and admiring it...

      Delete
  3. Tsk tsk tsk...Now I can feel smug about only spending $33 at a second hand store today lol! It was 50% off everything today so I just couldn't resist! I had to throw out my old overnight bag it was so dilapidated so I got a nice new one for $4 and another sturdy briefcase style bag ($4)for my laptop, kindle, iPad and multitude of cords needed when I leave on my long drive next Sat. I also got two pairs of shoes, a hat, 2 blouses and a sweater. A nice little haul! (I covet your clock!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow did you do well obviously the people in my part of town don't give to charity as much as they should. I can very seldom find a really good bargain, so I envy you all of your haul....

      Delete
  4. Love your new clock! :) At least you ended your day with Church, I'm sure it's all good then! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried the clock out on visitors yesterday and they loved it, so it was definitely the right buy....

      Delete
  5. It is good to buy a few wants here and there. Just the reason I leave the hubs at home, or send him off to look at fish hooks. He sees all kinds of things we need...NOT!!! Unless it is a quilt shop. Then the damage done is alllllll mine;-)

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wants which got us into the mess we are in, still a couple every now and again must be good for the soul.....

      Delete
  6. I AM FINALLY FREE FROM FINANCIAL BONDAGE THANKS TO MOORE LOAN COMPANY (mooreloancompany@yahoo.com).

    Good day everyone,I can’t hide this great testimony that took place in my life I will love everyone to know it and be a partaker of this, that is why I want to share it to the whole world by placing this advert on classifieds, I am Mrs Karen Brown by name, I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee United State, I want to thank ROBBINSON MOORE for his kindness upon my family life, I never knew that there is still a sincere and trustworthy lender like this on the internet and on earth. Just some days I was in search for a loan of $ 100,000.00, As I was running out of money for feeding, School fees, My business was really going out of capital and my rent. I was scammed about $15,000.00 dollars and I decided not to involve my self in such business again. But a Friend of mine introduced me to a loan firm due to my appearance and doings and also my complains to her. And I told her that I am not interested in any loan deal anymore but she told me that there is still a sincere lender who she will recommend me to, And she gave me the details of this man who is called MOORE ROBBINSON. And I really put a trial and I am most greatful and lucky today, I was given a loan amount of $95,000,00 Dollars by this great firm MOORE LOAN COMPANY. If you are in need of a genuine, Sincere, durable and a truth worthy loan lender or financial assistance and also you know you can be reliable and trusted, capable of paying back at the due / duration time of the funds I will advice you to send your contact to them via email @[ mooreloancompany@yahoo.com] OR Test (414) 454-9493 .

    ReplyDelete

All spam will be deleted